Howdy, dear reader ! I am hoping you have already read my previous post on how I got my drive to embark onto the journey of physical fitness & healthy lifestyle. Additionally, now that you ( a new age indian ) are reading this post would also mean you have found your set of reasons and have the drive to continue on the journey of fitness in the right way. If you have not found your drive or are just a casual fitness reader some part of this post might come across as “Gyaan” to you.
Physical Fitness – Can it be ignored ?
Any basic google search on health benefits of cycling will give you the below list:
- increased cardiovascular fitness.
- increased muscle strength and flexibility.
- improved joint mobility.
- decreased stress levels.
- improved posture and coordination.
- strengthened bones.
- decreased body fat levels.
- prevention or management of disease.
All these benefits are known to every tom, dick and harry in this world or rather every Suresh, Ramesh and Nilesh of New Age India. However the misery of ignorance towards these benefits has become a common phenomenon in the new age Indian generation. Some typical statements I hear from friends, colleagues, cousins or acquaintances:
- 60 ke baad kisse jeena hai ? – Translated in English as – Who wants to live for more than 60 years ?
- I don’t have any pain or trouble right now. Will worry about fitness if I face any problems in future.
- I don’t have time to do exercise.
- My work eats up all my energy during the day. Cant think of any exercise in the eve.
- I cannot wake up before 8 AM. Everything else can be compromised but not my sleep.
- I am planning to start yoga from tomorrow.
And many more such sentences that are so common in today’s discussions.
A stitch in time saves nine
An old saying indeed – a stitch in time saves nine – makes me answer to above comments with complete humility. My comments in response are ( in same sequence to the comments above ):
- Ok. But are you sure you can go upto 60 without exercise ? And if you can would the quality of life be good for sure ?
- That’s so reactive. Ever heard of being proactive ?
- That’s too lame. If you can’t find time for yourself, you gotta fix your life dude !
- Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man find time for exercise ! ( oh wow… I can be a poet too .. 😀 )
- Same as above
- Oh really !!? I am hearing this since last couple of years. 😛
Our intention creates our reality
Cycling is just one of the various ways of having better physical fitness. Other common ways of jogging, swimming, strength training, active sports, and many more where physical fitness benefits can be reaped.
As they say; everything seems impossible until its done !!!
Let’s create a Fitness Community & Illness Free Society
Please share your comments/feedback down below. Also if you have already have embarked on the fitness journey and have similar stories feel free to add them in the comments section so that our readers can read them at one place. If you have any other comments which aren’t inline with what I have said, please feel free to share them as well. 🙂
Know more about me and other fellow bloggers on here.